Wordpress 4.7.1 update leads to account suspension (20% cpu violation)

For over a year, and until about an hour ago, I had a personal Wordpress blog on 000webhost that had pretty much zero traffic - it was a personal thing for tinkering.

After updating to Wordpress 4.7.1, and while configuring the new setup, my account was suspended with this error:

Suspended (Suspended for violating 20%+ CPU usage limit for more than 1000 times. Please upgrade to our premium UNLIMITED hosting at www.hosting24.com to get your account reactivated.)

I’ve read other forum posts on this error, and I still can’t work out what went wrong. Obviously something in Wordpress died. Is there some way to fix this? Or do I need to find another provider? I won’t take the risk of this happening on host24.

Also, it seems the only place to ask these sorts of questions is here: the “get help” link in member accounts links to the forum instead of opening a helpdesk ticket.

Thanks for any help.

I guess…you cant access you account until you upgrade to premium.

But feel free to have another account with 000webhost …to host your wordpress website.

The main account is still active, and I have two other static websites with their own domains that were not affected:

The Wordpress domain looks like it is blacklisted on the server, so I can’t create a new one with that domain. I like that domain. I’d rather get this error fixed than moving everything over to someone else - 000webhost has been good for a long time, and I can’t understand why this should happen at all.

I guess You don’t have any “Add new domain” option because …000webhost wants its basic users to use newly introduced pannel. Old cpannel is available for premium users only.

For as long as I’ve been a free user, the panel software has been one of the free/open source packages, not cPanel, even though the dashboard says ‘cPanel’. I don’t care which panel software I use. With the exception of adding a new domain or subdomain, the other management options look like they’re available for the other websites.

I can’t create new domains, no. That must have changed some time in the past. If they really are trying to persuade me to stop using this free account I will, but I won’t rehost with host24 - the risk of this happening again on a paid account is not worth taking.

If you visit 000webhost.com create a new account with a new email you’ll be able to create new websites.
The old panel is obsolete and soon will be done away with.

If a script breached limits on purpose or not the only way to resolve it to upgrade @ Hosting24.com then your files will be migrated but you won’t have any limits on premium so you can’t get suspended again.